Brain Model for Dummies
I like to look at the brain from bottom up that is from neuronal health through synaptic health then I move my attention to networks (specific parts of brain), and network of local networks (the whole nine yards – your cognition). Disruption can come at any level and upset the workings. This being evident at the top, in scores of test like MMSE measuring cognition or quality of daily life.
Of course this is a poor model of an amateur but I can’t afford a better one without going hours upon hours into literature on this subject.
Yet the model is general and logical enough to at least hold some limited yet relevant degree of fidelity to the real thing.
The motley rectangles starting with Mitochondria (at the bottom) refer to levels of increasing complexity of the brain. The arrow at right points to directions of spreading “disturbance”. I think it does not require any explanation when it moves from cell to cognition, yet to some degree there is tendency to identify way in which mental stress can influence incidence of cellular damage especially through chronic inflammation.
Trends and Their Buzzwords
Following big trends are and their buzzword are in bold type:
- Cellular energy metabolism dysfunction in Mitochondria and Cell Glucose Metabolism.
- Structural damage by Free Radicals and Omega 3 Fatty Acid Deficiency.
- Amyloid Plaque and Tau Tangles due cellular metabolism dysfunction ( due to inflammation?).
- Chronic Inflammation triggered by infection or cellular damage (many threads in this story).
- Neural Growth Factors (from stem cell research) affecting neurogenesis and neurotransmitters production.
- Nutrition and Stress Reduction.
Since AVXL investors keep asking themself whether is there a better mouse trap? Let’s examine the trap makers in each of the therapeutic trends at next insatments
Just don’t, It isn’t worth it!
Only $3 Bills Accepted